Answer by Dushka Zapata:
Here is what has worked for me.
- Enjoying the present moment. Not dwelling on something that happened in the past; not obsessing about the future.
- Make decisions that come from a place of love instead of from a place of fear.
- Accepting what is. A lot of unhappiness comes from expectations and resisting what is happening.
- Don't want what you don't already have. Envy (wanting for yourself what someone else has) and jealousy (the fear someone will take what is yours) make me unhappy very quickly.
- Come across an obstacle and feel challenged instead of frustrated. This is all about attitude.
- Think of others. Thinking only of yourself means you never get out of your own head.
- Control nothing: I catch myself forcing, pushing, pulling, manipulating, plotting and set it aside.
- Believe things happen in your best interest.
- Feel grateful.
- Feel that you have enough.
- When met with the unknown, feel a sense of adventure rather than uncertainty.
- See beauty everywhere.None of these are decisions you make but rather things you practice. Practice makes these things both easier and more frequent.